Hours of Operation for Members* (age 18+).
Monday through Friday: 6am - 8pm
Saturday & Sunday: 8am - 3pm
*Note: An educational safety program is available for 12-17 year olds so they can use the Fitness Center upon completion of the program.
Please call or e-mail us for membership rates.
PERSONAL TRAINING IS CURRENTLY AVAILABLE! CALL 734-8200.
Mondays & Wednesdays
Every Tuesday & Thursday:
Do You Have the Winter Blues?
The Island Institute’s Working Waterfront publication just published an article about island fitness which featured the ICC’s Fitness Center. Don’t let the snow and cold keep you from staying healthy.
To read The Working Waterfront article visit; http://www.workingwaterfront.com/articles/Avoiding-the-Mid-Winter-Island-Blues/14715
Fitness Center Rules
- Equipment training sessions will be offered and are required for all members. A liability waiver must be signed.
- All guests who wish to utilize the facilities on a Day-Pass are required to sign a liability waiver and pay a day fee.
- Individuals age 12-15 will be allowed to use the facility after completion of the required orientation sessions and only while accompanied by a parent/guardian or when an approved ICC Fitness instructor is present in the room.
- Individuals under the age of 12 are not allowed in the Fitness Center or to use the Fitness Center facilities.
- Closed toe gym-type shoes are required.
- Cubicles are provided for your personal items. The ICC is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
- A shower is available in the Fitness Center. Please bring your own soap and towel.
- Radios and CD players are permitted if they are personal units equipped with headphones.
- No cell phone use is permitted in the weight room. Cell Phones ringers must be silenced.
- All beverages must be in sealable, unbreakable containers.
- Food is not permitted.
- Be mindful that strong perfumes and aftershaves can affect other people.
- Shirts are required. Appropriate and clean shoes should be worn to prevent excess wear and possible damage to the rubber mat flooring.
- Towels and disinfecting spray are available and must be used to wipe down cardio and weight room equipment after each use.
- When others are waiting to workout, please observe the 20-minute time limit on all equipment.
- All weights must be returned to the racks for others to use and care must be taken not to drop these weights on the floor or benches. Others should be allowed to “work in” between sets. Chalk is not permitted.
Injuries & Problems
- Report injuries immediately to any ICC staff member. You will be asked for information (pertaining to the injury) and/or to fill out an accident form.
- Report damaged equipment and unsafe conditions immediately.
The Islesboro Community Center is a smoke free environment.
* Please note that all Fitness Center activities are recorded by video surveillance (for safety, security and insurance purposes).
Tell Us What You Think?
We made some changes in the Fitness Center. We want to know what you think about our changes. We'd love to hear from you, please take a moment to take a very brief survey click here to share your feedback.